View district and regional council information via our mapping services
Taranaki Regional Xplorer
Taranaki Regional Xplorer is designed to provide public access (especially for ratepayers) to district and regional council information.
Urban aerial photography is available for the Taranaki region and can be viewed to a minimum scale of 1:1 and a maximum scale of 1:4800. Aerial photography for the remainder of the region can be viewed to a minimum scale of 1:1000 and a maximum scale of 1:47,500.
Click here to launch Xplorer (opens in a new window).
If you are experiencing an error while loading Xplorer, please clear your browser's temporary files cache, close your browser and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your operating system and version (e.g. Windows 10, Mac OS X) and web browser and version (e.g. Internet Explorer 10, Mozilla Firefox 48).
Navigating the map
Click the hand tool (pan) and then click and drag the map. When you let go of the mouse button it will take a few seconds for the map to re-appear.
Click the zoom in tool, then click and drag a box around the area you want to zoom in on. The zoom out tool works in the same way.
Click this icon to zoom back out so you can see the entire Taranaki region.
Finding specific information
Rates and property information
- Enter the address into the search box (due to variances in address formatting, we recommend searching without specifying the street type, e.g. "47 Cloten" instead of "47 Cloten Road")
- Click the property once in the list of search results, to locate it on the map
- Double-click to view additional details about the property
Taranaki Regional Council information
- Explore the map layers and turn on the information you want to see on the map.
- Use the point identify tool to view additional details.
How to find a property or other items of interest
- Launch Xplorer
- Enter your search into the textbox in the upper-right corner (e.g. 10 Glasgow)
- Xplorer will list results on the left of your screen, click one to zoom to its location
Accessing aerial photos
Aerial photographs can be freely viewed and printed through Taranaki Regional Xplorer.
This publication is copyright reserved by Taranaki Regional Xplorer. Cadastral and Topographic information derived from Land Information New Zealand, CROWN COPYRIGHT RESERVED.
We welcome your comments and queries. Please email us at email@example.com
Taranaki Regional Xplorer was developed by Explorer Graphics Limited.