All buses in the Citylink urban fleet serving Waitara, Bell Block, New Plymouth and Oakura, are low-floor, have no steps and are wheelchair accessible.
There are some wheelchair restrictions to consider:
- There are no restraints on the bus, so wheelchair brakes must be on at all times while travelling.
- Your wheelchair must not take up a space of more than 700mm wide and 1200mm long or have a chair/passenger combined weight of more than 240kg.
- All passengers should be able to board a bus and pay the bus fare unaided. If you require assistance, please travel with a support person.
Discounted bus travel
- Total Mobility members receive a concession fare on Citylink, Southlink and Connector buses when they show their ID card to the driver.
- Access discounted bus fares are also available for people with permanent or temporary disabilities who do not have a Total Mobility ID card for use throughout the region. For an Access card, contact the Taranaki Disabilities Information Centre on 06 759 0019.
- Passengers over 65 years with a SuperGold card can travel free on Citylink, Southlink and Connector bus services from 9am to 3pm and after 6.30pm weekdays, and on any Saturday service.
Contact Total Mobility
Call us on 0800 868 662 or email email@example.com