Keyboard users and screen reader users: After selecting an option from one of the combo boxes below, pressing Tab will take you to the timetable page.
Hāwera-New Plymouth (extending from Ōpunake first service)
Bookings essential - all passengers, all services
Online booking form
Connector fares & Bee Card information
Fares to/from New Plymouth
|CHILD and CONCESSION|
Your Bee Card needs to be loaded with your concession fare information to ensure your travel is on the reduced fare. This applies to those on Access fares, SuperGold Card users and WITT students. More information on concessions and Bee Cards(external link)
- These fares are one-way only
- Under-5s free when accompanied by an adult.
- WITT students and TDHB patients and visitors travel for free - conditions apply and concession must be loaded onto a registered Bee Card.
- SuperGold Card holders travel for free between 9am and 3pm and after 6.30pm when using a registered Bee Card with concession applied.
- Concession fares available for Communities Services Card holders, senior citizens, non-WITT tertiary students, Access card holders when travelling on a registered Bee Card with concession applied.
Want discounted fares? Want to avoid the hassles of carrying cash? Bee Card ticketing is available on all services.
Bee cards cost $5, plus a minimum top-up of $5. The minimum recharge amount is $5. Cards can be obtained online at www.beecard.co.nz(external link), or from:
- Opunake — Pickering Motors Ltd, 11 Tennyson St (top-ups also available), or Opunake Library Plus, 43 Tasman St.
- Hāwera — South Taranaki i-SITE, 55 High St (top-ups also available).
- Stratford — Stratford i-SITE, Prospero Place (top-ups also available).
- New Plymouth — Puke Ariki i-SITE, 1 Ariki St (top-ups also available), or Bus Centre, 19 Ariki Street, (Dalroy Tours office), 9.30am-3.30pm Mon-Fri (top-ups also available).
Links and downloads
Cash and Smart Card concession fares are available for children aged 5-16 years, non-WITT tertiary students, senior citizens, beneficiaries and ACCESS card holders
To claim a concession fare you must load your Bee Card with your concession information.
- Child & SuperGold Card concessions can be loaded automatically online(external link)
- For other concessions the passenger will need to visit a customer service point and complete an application form, or apply online(external link)
- ACCESS card - for people with impairments. Contact Taranaki Disability Information Centre on 06 759 0019.
Holders of SuperGold Cards can travel free on off-peak Connector services (between 9am and 3pm) when using a registered Bee Card with concession loaded.
The SuperGold Card is available to all eligible New Zealanders aged 65 or over and those under this age who receive NZ Superannuation or the Veterans Pension. For more information, go to www.supergold.govt.nz(external link).