Resource consent forms

Get started on your application process - find out what's required and which consent form to use for the activity you are planning.

All resource consent applications can be completed online or downloaded as a PDF here.

Consent forms relating to withdrawal, surrender or transfer, and submission forms are only available as downloadable PDFs. 

Please read the notes on this page before starting.

Online forms - what you'll need

The first step with any online forms is to log in with RealMe, or create a RealMe login if you don't already have one.

Note: You only need one RealMe login with a single username and password which will give you access to a range of services where RealMe access is required. The RealMe login is designed to protect your privacy and security.

Payment options are credit card or internet banking.

To complete a consent application you may need to upload some files first such as -

  • Site photos (e.g. for a culvert/bridge)
  • Plans
  • Written approval forms
  • Supporting documents

You may find it easier if you have these files ready before you start the online application. After you start the application you can save your progress and complete the application later.

Are you making a coastal application?

Before lodging any application for an activity in the Coastal Marine Area, you must seek comment from those who have lodged applications under the Marine and Coastal Areas (Takutai Moana) Act. Please let the consents team ( know the location of your intended activity and they will advise you who to contact.

Legal requirements for all applicants

You need to be aware of what the Resource Management Act (RMA) requires of applicants. The relevant extracts can be downloaded here.

Information required under Schedule 4 of the RMA [PDF, 72 KB]

Part 2 of the RMA [PDF, 70 KB]


Consent forms

After reading the information on this page, follow the link here to work through a short series of questions to find out which resource consent application form you require.

What consent form do I need?(external link)