Anyone living in the Taranaki region with an impairment that affects their ability to use public transport can apply to join the Total Mobilty Scheme.
To be eligible, your impairment must prevent you from using public transport (buses) in a safe and dignified manner in at least one of the following ways:
- Getting to the place where the bus departs.
- Getting onto the bus.
- Riding securely.
- Getting off the bus.
- Getting from the bus to your destination.
An impairment can be permanent, temporary (six months or more) or fluctuating (impairing the use of public transport use some of the time).
You will need to undergo a medical assessment to confirm your eligibility for the scheme. Your doctor or specialist with knowledge of your medical history is the best person to complete the assessment. Alternatively, Access Ability is an approved assessment facilitator and can be contacted on their toll-free number 0800 758 700, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I join?
To join the scheme you need to complete an application form and provide a recent photo for your ID card.
Steps toward total mobility:
- Pick up a copy of the Total Mobility form from your doctor, Access Ability, the Regional Council, or you can download the form from our website.
- Ask your doctor, specialist or Access Ability assessor to confirm your medical eligibility (Section B of the application).
- Post the completed form and a named photograph (see section C of the application form), along with the appropriate payment to:
Contact Total Mobilty
Call us on 0800 868 662 or email email@example.com