Keyboard users and screen reader users: After selecting an option from one of the combo boxes below, pressing Tab will take you to the timetable page.
Map showing Route 98 - Inglewood (new service)
Citylink school bus fares
BUS DEPARTURE POINTS
See our page of maps showing school-bus afternoon departure points at New Plymouth secondary and intermediate schools. Each map is also downloadable in PDF format.
Bee Cards are the preferred method of contactless payment. Cash is still accepted for those who do not have a Bee Card, however you will be charged the higher cash fare.
Bee cards cost $5, plus a minimum top-up of $5. The minimum recharge amount is $5. They can recharged on the bus (cash only).
Cards can be obtained online at www.beecard.co.nz(external link), or from:
- New Plymouth i-SITE located within the Puke Ariki building on St Aubyn Street, New Plymouth | 10am-5pm daily
- Tranzit at 15 Sunley Street, Westown | 8am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Bell Block Library at 88 Parklands Avenue | 9am-5pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9am-6pm Tuesday & Thursday, 9am-12pm Saturday
- Waitara Library at 15 Queen Street | 9am-5pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9am-6pm Tuesday & Thursday, 9am-12pm Saturday
- Stratford i-SITE inside the Stratford Library in Prospero Place | 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, 9am-1pm Saturdays
- South Taranaki i-SITE at 55 High Street, Hawera | 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, 10am-3pm weekends
- Pickering Motors Ltd at 11 Tennyson Street, Opunake | 7.30am-5pm Monday to Friday
Links and downloads
BEHAVIOUR ON THE BUS
All students and other passengers must understand and comply with this code of conduct.
All passengers have the right to:
- Fair treatment and respect.
- A friendly and efficient service.
- A safe, comfortable and clean environment when waiting or travelling.
You are responsible for:
- Your belongings and personal effects.
- Your own behaviour.
- Paying the correct fare when boarding (cash or Smart Card).
- Showing the required identification if claiming a discounted fare when boarding.
- Reporting any mistreatment or damage to property.
- Following the instructions of any bus driver, Regional Council Officer, security or police officer.
- Understanding and respecting the rights of other people using or waiting for a bus at a designated area.
You must not:
- Threaten, bully, harass or cause physical or verbal harm to others (this includes other passengers and pedestrians or people in other vehicles). Police or schools (if a student is involved) will be contacted to take action.
- Eat, chew gum or smoke on the bus.
- Sit or stand in step-wells or on armrests, or place feet on the back of the seats.
- Drink alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages; this contravenes the Transport Act.
- Spit or litter. Please use rubbish bins at the front of the bus.
- Tag, graffiti or damage anything. This behaviour may lead to police involvement.
- Stand in front of the driver.
- Take an animal on to the bus unless it is a guide dog.
- Use emergency equipment unless it is in an emergency situation.
No responsibility will be taken by Tranzit Coachlines or the Taranaki Regional Council for the loss of property. If you find lost property, please give it to the driver. If you have lost something on the bus, please contact Tranzit Coachlines phone 0800 87 22 87.
When disembarking, please wait until the bus has cleared the stop before crossing the road.
Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in legal action or removal of your rights to use the Citylink bus service.