Pickering Motors and the Taranaki Regional Council want all passengers to enjoy a comfortable and safe environment when using this service.
All passengers have the right to:
- Fair treatment and respect
- A friendly and efficient service
- A safe, comfortable and clean environment when waiting or travelling
You are responsible for:
- Following the instructions of any bus driver, Regional Council Officer, security or police officer
- Understanding and respecting the rights of other people usi
- Your belongings and personal effects
- Your own behaviour
- Paying the correct fare when boarding or recharging your Smart Card
- Showing any required ID or ticket pass when boarding
- Reporting any mistreatment or damage to propertyng or waiting for a bus at a designated area
- Retaining your ticket as proof of purchase and show on request
You must not:
- Threaten, bully, harass or cause physical or verbal harm to others; this includes other passengers and pedestrians or people in other vehicles. Police or schools (if a student is involved) will be contacted to take action
- Eat, chew gum, smoke or vape on the bus
- Sit or stand in step-wells or on armrests, or place feet on the back of the seats
- Drink alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages
- Spit or litter - please use rubbish bin at the front of the bus
- Tag, graffiti or damage anything - this behaviour may lead to police involvement
- Stand in front of the driver
- Take an animal on to the bus unless it is a service animal
- Use emergency equipment unless it is in an emergency situation
All Connector service patrons must comply with the Code of Conduct.
Passengers failing to comply may be issued a verbal warning, be restricted to an allocated seat or suspended from using the service. Serious misconduct may result in legal action.
If you are not happy with the service or have any questions, please contact the Pickering Motors office on 0800 22 11 20 or the Taranaki Regional Council on 0800 736 222.
Also see information about security cameras on buses