Buses on all Citylink urban routes (New Plymouth, Bell Block, Waitara) are equipped with bike racks.
If you’re taking the bus, it’s free to use the bike rack.
- Cyclists are responsible for loading and unloading their bike.
- The bike rack takes two bikes at a time.
- Racks are designed to carry bikes with wheels larger than 16in or 40cm.
- The maximum insured value of any bike on the rack is $1500.
- Also see information for eBike users.
Loading your bike
Please remember that loading and unloading your bike is up to you. Always load your bike from the front of the bike rack.
Unloading your bike
Let the driver know you will be unloading your bike.
Note that eBikes can be carried on the bike racks as long as they do not exceed the maximum weight limit of 55lb (about 25kg) and are within the racks' dimensional limits (maximum wheelbase of 44in or 111cm and wheel diameter of 20in to 29in or 51cm to 74cm)..
Many eBikes are within the weight limit but some are heavier. But some will also have easily removable batteries to reduce the weight substantially. A removable battery may be brought on to the bus.