IMPORTANT UPDATE TO CITYLINK SERVICES
All Citylink routes are following their usual street pattern excluding Routes 9 Fitzroy and 20 Bell Block and Waitara which will be combined.
We are operating Routes 1 to 8 with services departing at:
7.00am approx. for services
Route 9 and 20 will be combined (Waitara, Bell Block and Fitzroy) with services departing at:
Waitara to NP
NP to Waitara
Route 40 Oakura
All services cancelled.
We are providing these bus services for essential services workers, for people who have genuine medical emergencies and need to use public transport, for people who need to travel to the supermarket, and for people who need to visit medical facilities such as pharmacies.
We remind you that if you are unwell please do not use public transport.
Our drivers have the right to refuse carriage.
Physical distancing is mandatory.
As part of the Government’s requirements for the tracing of each passenger, you will be required to state your name and destination to the on-board CCTV.
Follow all instructions of the driver.
In an effort to help physical distancing on our bus services you will find seats with Xs and some seats taped off.
We ask that you please:
- Fill up the bus starting from the back
- Sit in the seats that don’t have an X
Each bus will only be able to take seven passengers (including one wheel chair space) so once all seats are taken the bus won’t be able to stop to take more passengers.
These are extraordinary times so we ask that you please cooperate, be kind, and be mindful of those around you.
Citylink runs weekday commuter services run on nine routes within urban New Plymouth and to Bell Block-Waitara and Omata-Oakura. Info line: 0800 87 22 87
There are also two Saturday services covering urban New Plymouth and Bell Block.
Members of the public can also use Citylink school services.
All Citylink services are operated by Tranzit Coachlines Ltd under contract to the Taranaki Regional Council.
Ariki St Bus Centre
Citylink buses depart from five bays between Egmont St and Currie St.
- Children aged under 5 travel free.
- Children aged 5-15 travel for a child's fare.
- Secondary school students aged 16-19 years (wearing school uniform or with sufficient ID) may travel to and from school on a child's fare.
- Community Services Card holders qualify for concession fare when card is shown.
- Children (aged 17 and under) of Community Services Card holders also quality for a concession fare when card is presented. The child will be asked to confirm the relationship between themselves and the person named on the card, and their age. The child will not be asked for ID.
- Tertiary students must show suitable ID.
- Holders of SuperGold Cards can travel for free on off-peak services (9am-3pm and after 6.30pm weekdays, and all Saturday services).
- Passengers aged 65 or over, and without a SuperGold Card, qualify for a senior citizen fare. Please show driver your ID.
- People with disabilities may be eligible for Access fares.
- Eligible WITT students travel free with valid and current ID card.
|Zone||N Plymouth||Bell Block |
|Adult fares - single trip|
|Child and concession fares - single trip|
|Student special - 40-trip multi-pass|
|Cost per trip||$1.60||$1.85||$2.05||-||$2.35|
|Total- 40 trips||$64.00||$74.00||$82.00||-||$94,00|
Please note that:
- All fares are one-way.
- 40-trip multi-passes are available only to school students.
- Prices include GST.
New Plymouth: New Plymouth from the 100 km/h sign on South Road (west of NP) through along Devon Road (SH3) north up to and including Egmont Road. South to the corner of SH3 and Mangorei Road.
Omata: Omata village from (but excluding) Plymouth Road along SH45 to (including Beach Road) to the 50km/h signs entering New Plymouth.
Oakura: Oakura township, from and including Wairau Rd, along SH45 through to and including Plymouth Road.
Bell Block: Bell Block township from (but excluding) Egmont Road along Devon Road (SH3), along Devon Road through to and including Mountain Road.
Waitara: Waitara township from (but excluding) Mountain Road through Brixton, to the corner Main North Road and Bayly Street. South along Princess St to and including Rahiri Street
The ticket you get from the driver (your fare receipt) doubles as a free transfer ticket, allowing you to transfer directly from one route to another route within an hour of boarding the first bus. Present the ticket to the next bus driver.
Passengers transferring from a New Plymouth route (excluding school services) to Oakura, Bell Block or Waitara services pay the higher of the two fares. Where schedules do not allow a transfer within the hour, your ticket will still be valid, as long as you transfer directly to the first connecting service.