Citylink runs weekday commuter services run on nine routes within urban New Plymouth and to Bell Block-Waitara and Omata-Oakura. Info line: 0800 87 22 87
There are also two Saturday services covering urban New Plymouth and Bell Block.
Members of the public can also use Citylink school services.
All Citylink services are operated by Tranzit Coachlines Ltd under contract to the Taranaki Regional Council.
Ariki St Bus Centre
Citylink buses depart from five bays between Egmont St and Currie St.
- Children aged under 5 travel free.
- Children aged 5-15 travel for a child's fare.
- Secondary school students aged 16-19 years (wearing school uniform or with sufficient ID) may travel to and from school on a child's fare.
- Community Services Card holders qualify for concession fare when card is shown.
- Children (aged 17 and under) of Community Services Card holders also quality for a concession fare when card is presented. The child will be asked to confirm the relationship between themselves and the person named on the card, and their age. The child will not be asked for ID.
- Tertiary students must show suitable ID.
- Holders of SuperGold Cards can travel for free on off-peak services (9am-3pm and after 6.30pm weekdays, and all Saturday services).
- Passengers aged 65 or over, and without a SuperGold Card, qualify for a senior citizen fare. Please show driver your ID.
- People with disabilities may be eligible for Access fares.
- Eligible WITT students travel free with valid and current ID card.
|Adult fares - single trip|
|Child and concession fares - single trip|
|Student special - 40-trip multi-pass|
|Cost per trip||$1.60||$1.85||$2.05||-||$2.35|
|Total- 40 trips||$64.00||$74.00||$82.00||-||$94,00|
Please note that:
- All fares are one-way.
- 40-trip multi-passes are available only to school students.
- Prices include GST.
New Plymouth: New Plymouth from the 100 km/h sign on South Road (west of NP) through along Devon Road (SH3) north up to and including Egmont Road. South to the corner of SH3 and Mangorei Road.
Omata: Omata village from (but excluding) Plymouth Road along SH45 to (including Beach Road) to the 50km/h signs entering New Plymouth.
Oakura: Oakura township, from and including Wairau Rd, along SH45 through to and including Plymouth Road.
Bell Block: Bell Block township from (but excluding) Egmont Road along Devon Road (SH3), along Devon Road through to and including Mountain Road.
Waitara: Waitara township from (but excluding) Mountain Road through Brixton, to the corner Main North Road and Bayly Street. South along Princess St to and including Rahiri Street
The ticket you get from the driver (your fare receipt) doubles as a free transfer ticket, allowing you to transfer directly from one route to another route within an hour of boarding the first bus. Present the ticket to the next bus driver.
Passengers transferring from a New Plymouth route (excluding school services) to Oakura, Bell Block or Waitara services pay the higher of the two fares. Where schedules do not allow a transfer within the hour, your ticket will still be valid, as long as you transfer directly to the first connecting service.