Bus passengers must wear face coverings, please check back for any disruptions to services and please stay at home if you are unwell.
See details of requirements for bus passengers.
Citylink runs weekday commuter services run on nine routes within urban New Plymouth and to Bell Block-Waitara. Info line: 0800 87 22 87
There are also two Saturday services covering urban New Plymouth and Bell Block.
Members of the public can also use Citylink school services.
All Citylink services are operated by Tranzit Coachlines Ltd under contract to the Taranaki Regional Council.
Ariki St Bus Centre
Citylink buses depart from five bays between Egmont St and Currie St.
Bus bay locations
- Bay A: Ariki St (north side, outside Puke Ariki)
- Bay B: Ariki St (north side, outside Puke Ariki Landing)
- Bay C: Ariki St (south side, outside Bus Centre and Puke Ariki library)
- Bay D: Ariki St (south side, next to Huatoki Plaza entrance)
- Bay E: Ariki St (north side, outside Centre City)
Which route at which bay?
- Route 1 (Moturoa): Bay B
- Route 2 (Marfell-Whalers Gate): Bay B
- Route 3 (Lynmouth-Marfell, incl Hospital): Bay D
- Route 4 (Westown-Hurdon): Bay D
- Route 5 (Frankleigh Park-Ferndale): Bay C
- Route 6 (Vogeltown-Brooklands): Bay C
- Route 7 (Welbourn-Highlands Park): Bay A
- Route 8 (Merrilands-Highlands Park): Bay A
- Route 9 (Fitzroy-The Valley-Glen Avon): Bay E
- Route 10 (NP West — Saturdays): Bay A
- Route 11 (NP East — Saturdays): Bay A
- Route 20 (Bell Block-Waitara): Bay E