Everything you need to know about Bee Card
Bee Card is here!
Bee Card is your bus payment card which allows you to 'tag on and tag off' the bus, provides you with cheaper fares and is able to be used across nine regions around New Zealand, including Taranaki.
Bee Card has replaced all Citylink and Connector Smart Cards, these no longer work on our services.
Bee Cards cost $5, plus a minimum $5 top-up.
Cash is still accepted for those who do not have a Bee Card, however you will be charged the higher cash fare.
Attention concession holders! Are you ready for Bee Card?
Concession applications can take up to working three days to process and apply. Find more information here
You can still use your Bee Card while waiting for your concession to be loaded, but you will pay the higher fare until it has been applied.
How do I get my Bee Card?
- Order online at www.beecard.co.nz(external link) and have it posted to you free of charge
- Once it arrives go back online to register and activate
Pick up your Bee Card from one of our customer service points
- Puke Ariki i-SITE
- NP Bus Centre, Ariki St
- Tranzit, Sunley St, NP
- Bell Block Library
- Waitara Library
- Stratford i-SITE
- South Taranaki i-SITE
- Pickerings Ltd, Opunake
Make sure you then register and activate your card online to access benefits
*You will need to top up your card with a minimum of $5 to get started
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ
We recommend registering for extra benefits. These include:
- Applying your concession information for discounted travel
- Check your balance and top up online
- Protect your balance if your card gets lost or stolen
- Manage multiple cards at once. A great feature for families with multiple cards
- Set up auto top-ups to ensure you always have sufficient funds to travel