Join the Friends of Hollard Gardens
The Friends of Hollard Gardens are volunteers dedicated to enhancing the experience of visitors to the gardens.
Hollard Gardens belongs to the people of Taranaki and the Friends of Hollard Gardens want to ensure that the property is enjoyed and valued by our community.
By joining the Friends of Hollard Gardens, you’ll enjoy the rewards of being part of this nationally recognised public garden.
Volunteers will be trained in hosting visitors and extensive botanical and historical information is available.
As ambassadors for the garden volunteers will:
- Host groups of visitors to the garden.
- Support fundraising events organised by community charities at the gardens.
- Assist with garden workshops. Volunteers with special skills could help present workshops.
- Distribute information and promote the gardens throughout the region.'
- Be informed of events and developments at the gardens.
- Meet regularly (every two months).
The management and operation of the gardens are not the responsibility of the Friends of Hollard Gardens. These tasks are carried out by permanent Taranaki Regional Council staff. Volunteers may be able to assist with these tasks if they have an interest in this area.
To join, download a membership application form (see link below), fill it in and post to:
Friends of Hollard Gardens
c/- Taranaki Regional Council
Private Bag 713